Connecting a soundbar to a Directv receiver, TV has no audio-out ports

Connecting a soundbar to a Directv receiver, TV has no audio-out ports.I have a Samsung UN32EH4003 32-Inch TV, one of the models with NO audio-out ports. I recently received a soundbar [Yamaha ATS-1050BL Bluetooth Soundbar] as a gift and am trying to figure out how to connect it through my Directv receiver. I have read some of the posts here that discuss this same issue and there seem to be some work arounds, but I think i'm missing something.

I purchased a converter [Dynex™Optical/Coaxial Digital Audio-to-Analog Audio Converter] to connect the optical port from the soundbar to the adapter, and the coaxial cable end to the Directv receiver [it is NOT an HD receiver, no HDMI ports] but I get no sound from the soundar.

I have looked through the TV setup to see if there is an option I need to switch to, as others commented to 'turn off' the TV speakers or switch to a different mode [no such feature I can find], and through the DTV receiver and the only audio f eature it has is to change languages. What am I missing? Is it even possible with this set-up to get it to work? [or do I need to re-boot the receiver, or something similar??] Any help is appreciated.

Video Connecting a soundbar to a Directv receiver, TV has no audio-out ports

Connecting a soundbar to a Directv receiver, TV has no audio-out ports


Source: www.bing.com
Images credited to www.bing.com and www.hdtvtest.co.uk


Related Posts To Connecting a soundbar to a Directv receiver, TV has no audio-out ports


Connecting a soundbar to a Directv receiver, TV has no audio-out ports Rating: 4.5 Posted by: Brot Trune

Search Here

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Recent Posts